Business and Financial Services

Colorado State University

CSU Logo

Special Assets (SPAS) - A function of Accounts Receivable Operations

Location: Howes Street Business Center, 1st Floor    Mailing Address: 6024 Campus Delivery, Fort Collins,CO 80523-6024   Physical Address: 555 S Howes St.

Business Hours

8:30 AM - 4:30 PM M-F

This office is working remotely therefore the preferred contact method is email.

Contact Information

Phone: (970) 491-7058
Fax: (970) 491-2452

Landscape View


Payment Options

Electronic Check and Credit Card Payments

Cash, Check or Debit Card: In person only -
Cashier's Office, 555 S Howes Street, Room 110
Office Hours:
8:30 AM - 4:30 PM M-F

Check Payments by Mail
Colorado State University
6015 Campus Delivery
Fort Collins CO 80523-6015

*Payments cannot be taken over the phone

Returned Checks

As provided by state law, a $17.00 penalty will be assessed to the account for each check not accepted by the bank because of insufficient funds, stopped payment, non-existent account or any other reason for which the person is responsible. Returned payments will cause a hold on registration, transcripts and diplomas, as well as a guaranteed funds hold that will remain on the account. ALL returned payments, plus penalty, and all future payments must be paid in guaranteed funds at the CSU Cashier's Office, located on the first floor of the Howes Street Business Center at 555 S. Howes St. Guaranteed funds include cash, money order, cashier's checks and pin-based debit cards. If a check was presented to clear a registration hold, and is not repaid as specified in correspondence, the student's classes may be cancelled. Insufficient funds checks under Colorado statute may constitute a felony offense.

A guaranteed funds hold will prevent you from making payment with a checking account, requiring you to make payment with cash, credit card, cashier’s check, wire transfer, etc.

For questions about a returned payment, please contact Max Kellogg at 970-491-3206, or 970-491-7058.


What is FERPA?
The Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA) (20 U.S.C. § 1232g; 34 CFR Part 99) is a Federal law that protects the privacy of student education records. The release of student records, including billing and payment information, at Colorado State University is bound by federal law (FERPA). FERPA restricts the type of information the university can share with individuals (including parents) and entities outside of Colorado State University unless specifically authorized, in writing, by the student.

A FERPA Release Form must be on file with the Accounts Receivable Operations (ARO) office before student account information can be released to anyone other than the student.

How do I sign a FERPA Release Form?
FERPA Release Forms, specific to billing and payment information, are available in RAMweb in the Student Resources section of the Billing Information page, or upon request from the ARO office, the CSU Cashier’s Office or the Office of Financial Aid. These forms will only be provided to the student and must be completed by the student. When returning the form, a photo ID must be provided. If the form is not being returned in person, a copy of the student’s photo ID must be included (via email/fax).

What if I have already signed a FERPA Release Form with another university office?
If you have already signed a FERPA Release Form with another office, you will still need to fill out a form with ARO specifying that you authorize us to speak with someone other than you regarding your billing and account information. ARO does not have access to records that are located within other departments at the university. Students seeking to release other student information should contact the department involved to determine the department’s requirements for the release of information.

What if I have granted billing access through FAMweb?
Providing FAMweb access to an authorized user is not a substitute for having a FERPA Release Form on file, and does not give ARO permission to speak with the authorized user regarding a student account. Even if the student has set up an authorized user to view billing information in FAMweb, ARO will still need a release form on file to discuss specific account information.

Where can I find more information?
The Colorado State University General Catalog, under University Policies.

CSU’s FERPA Policy


Office of the Registrar

FERPA forms for other offices do not transfer to us. You will still need to fill out a form for ARP and/or SPAS to authorize the sharing of student account information.

RAMweb / FAMweb

For more information about your Student Account visit:

  • RAMweb
  • FAMweb  *Your student must grant you access to use FamWeb

On RAMweb you can:

  • Set up access for parents or other trusted individuals to view billing statements and make payments online
  • Update your address
  • Review your student account - online statement
  • Find information about Education Tax Credits
  • Get information about your financial aid

*If you are having trouble accessing yourRamWeb/FamWeb, need to update a password or username, please contact the Registrar’s Office.

Other Helpful Campus Departments

State Your Purpose

Call CSU: 970.491.6444 | Visit: | CSU is an Affirmitive Action, Equal Opportunity Employer
© 2021 - Business and Financial Services - Colorado State University