Payment Due Date
Student loan payments are due the 1st of each month.
We do not mail monthly statements. A coupon booklet will be mailed to you one month prior to
your 1st payment due date. Each coupon booklet contains 12 coupons; a new coupon booklet will be sent to you
near the end of each 12 month period until your loan is paid in full. Please include a coupon with your mailed
monthly payment. You must make your monthly payment regardless of whether or not you have a coupon booklet.
Late Payment Charges
Student loan payment received after the 10th of each month
are assessed a late fee.
- Federal Perkins Loan: A 10% late fee charge of the monthly payment amount is assessed to the student loan account.
- Health Professions Loan: A 6% late fee charge of the monthly payment amount is assessed to the student loan account.
Delinquent/ Defaulted Student Loan Accounts
- Payments 30 and 60 Days Past Due:Colorado State
University is required by federal guidelines to report delinquent loan
accounts to credit bureau agencies on the 1st working day of the month.
- Payments 90 Days or More Past Due: Loans are sent to
Colorado State University's In-House Collection Agency, assessed collection fees, and reported
in collection status to a credit bureau agency. If your loan has been sent
to Colorado State University collections, call Special Assets at (970)
491-7058 for more information.
- If your loan is more than 1 year past due, it
may have been assessed collection and/or legals fees and forwarded to the State Collection Agency. Contact Central
Collection Services (CCS) at (800) 221-2297 for information regarding
Returned Checks/ACH (Automatic Payment Withdrawal) Insufficient Funds
- As provided by state law, a $17.00 penalty will be assessed to the account
for each check not accepted by the bank because of insufficient funds,
stopped payment, nonexistent account, or any other reason for which the
person is responsible.
- ACH insufficient funds procedure. Student Loans Receivable will notify the borrower by letter of insufficient bank funds
and assess a $17.00 insufficient funds fee. If a good payment is not made within 10 days to cover the NSF payment, the Student Loans Receivable Office
will cancel the borrower's ACH to avoid another insufficient payment and further fees charged to the borrower. The borrower will then be
responsible to make payments via check or on-line if their ACH is cancelled. You can click here to access the
- Insufficient funds checks, under Colorado statute, may constitute a felony offense.